Monday, May 2, 2011

My grateful heart.

YES! This past week I had the extraordinary privilege of attending Woman's Conference for my first year. And MAN! have I been missing out! It baffles me how large your testimony can grow in just a short period of time. To see all those woman from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, provided in itself a confirmation that this church is God's true church. As I looked onto the crowd I could feel Heavenly Fathers spirit. I looked at every sister and I had a love for them. "These are my sisters" I thought. The topic of this years conference was "By small and simple things, are great things brought to pass" How right that scripture is. My husband often teases me in my excitement over the "littlest" things. I see many miracles in all that I do. Not because I am searching for them, but because I know that Heavenly Father has given this whole world to us and in that He creates miracles daily for us. No matter how great or small, there are miracles all around us. Many people call it luck but i call it the work of the Lord.








After the first sessions my mother in-law, Pam, and my Aunt Brenda took me to see the Temple there in Provo. I didn't know it but that is the temple in which my in-laws were sealed! A unique treat I have not have the privilege to experience was to see the sunset right over the temple. As if the temple weren't immaculate on it's own, nature decided to share it's beauty to make an even more breathtaking site.

Walking up to the front of this temple sets a certain beautiful spirit in your heart. The wave of sound overflowing stills your worries and overcomes your thoughts. The sweet soothing sounds of the water falling from the fountains, washes away the worldly things around you and in that beauty it reminds you of the calming spirit found in the temple. On one side you have this glorious temple of God's church, and then turn around and you see this beautiful city. A lake, and the sun setting over mountains. This site was such a site to see and I am grateful for every second I had to take it all in.

On the last day David Bednar of the Twelve sat on the stand. And also honored us with a message. Pam, and I were blessed in sitting on the floor seating! One of God's 12 apostles was just FEET away from us! He gave and inspiring message he set the spirit beautifully. And greatest of all,and something I didn't know could even happen, he gave every single sister a blessing... WE RECEIVED A BLESSING FROM A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH APOSTLES! How extraordinary! His presence was truly amazing the spirit we brought could only be brought from someone doing God's work. His message, his light, his blessing, his presence will be forever remembered in my heart and I will forever be grateful in witnessing a man chosen of Heavenly Father Himself!


I had a wonderful time at this special event created for the organization Joseph Smith himself made to be. I am honored and extremely blessed to be apart of that organization and I want to share my testimony that I know with my entire heart that this church IS the church that our Father in Heaven has given us through Joseph Smith. I know that there is an Eternity after our mortal life, and that we will be together again with our Savior. I love my Savior i love my Heavenly Father, I am deeply grateful for the Holy Ghost to guide me through my life on Heavenly Fathers path. I love every member of my family, blood or not. I am grateful for the family I think of as my own that brought me into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They will always be to me as my closest brothers and sister. My love for them grows stronger everyday, because without each of them my testimony would be non existent. Thank you Bill, Lee, Andrew, Kyle, Alexis, Mom (Robyn), And even Michael, for opening your arms to me as a child and showing me the way. Without your love, your examples, and your support I would never be were I am today. I look forward to the day when we all are in our fathers presence again. I share my thoughts with you in the name of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment